Indian designs, Bollywood dominate RFW opening day
Jaipur: Culture, crafts and Bollywood dominated the opening day of Rajasthan Fashion Week (RFW) here, with upcoming designers showcasing their work and actors Vivek Oberoi, Kainaz Motiwala and Zayed Khan adding the glamour quotient.
The three-day fashion fiesta started Thursday. It was inaugurated by Vivek, who looked dapper in an outfit designed by Rohit Kamra.
Later, he even walked as the showstopper for designer Kirti Rathore, who gave him a peach blazer and jodhpurs to flaunt. Rathore`s collection was a mix of earthy and neon shades on jodhpurs and drape kurtas.
Through this collection, Rathore supported an NGO, RAYS - Aasha Ki Ek Kiran, for the welfare of HIV-afflicted children. Some kids from the organisation also walked along with Vivek and the designer.
"It`s been nice to walk for a cause. This gives me relief. But yes, I also loved what Kirti has designed for me. I personally like well-fitted classic suits or a jodhpuri pant," Vivek told IANS.
The day began with fashion designer Kanwaljeet Singh`s collection, which highlighted the classic retro trend of 1980s. He paid a tribute to colours and culture of India through flowing drapes. Colourful headgears in red, black, neons and paprika made his collection come alive.
Daniel Syiem, another emerging designer, showcased a collection that was minimalistic, yet elegant. From dresses to long flowy gowns in bright and earthy tones, the designer grabbed eyeballs for his creativity and design aesthetics.
He had a showstopper in Kainaz, last seen in ‘Ragini MMS’. She loved what the designer gave her to wear.
Mumbai-based designer Lina Tipnis used lots of drapes and motifs to make her collection look sensuous and glamorous. While designer Shaahid Amir showcased a mélange of menswear and womens wear garments with Zayed walking as the showstopper.
Designer Rohit Verma, who was seen as a participant in reality show ‘Bigg Boss 3’, showcased a collection replete with appliqué work on saris, suits and jodhpurs. More than just the collection, he grabbed attention because of his unique presentation.
The show saw choreographer Sandip Soparrkar and wife Jesse Randhawa take to the ramp as showstoppers. But their appearance was unique.
It started with Soparrkar`s dance performance, and he was later joined by Randhawa on the ramp. After presenting more than 30 outfits, the show ended on a high note when Verma himself came dancing and posed for shutterbugs.
All in all, the first day of RFW was full of glamour and fashion, but sans a fashionable crowd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Parineeti Chopra keen to work with cousin Priyanka Chopra
- Manoj Bajpai spills the beans on his role in 'Sarkar 3'
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!