Indian fashion designer ties-up with Sri Lankan garment firm
Panaji: Fashion designer James Ferreira is hoping to grab attention of prospective buyers following a tie-up with a Sri Lankan garment manufacturing company at the ongoing India Resort Fashion Week 2012 here.
The designer has tied up with Sri Lanka`s MAS Linea Aqua company, a leading garment manufacturing firm.
Ferreira said he has tied up with the company for a range of resort wear collections that would fit Indian and Asian customers.
"We are foreseeing a good future for the tie-up. I am expecting to grab attention for my creations during the current India Resort Fashion Week," Ferreira told PTI.
Ferreira`s collection was exhibited on the first day of the fashion week with Bollywood actress and dancer Isha Sharvani as the show stopper.
The designer said through his collaboration with MAS Linea Aqua Company, he is looking at targeting all the resort centres as well as India.
"This is the first time that the company has tied-up with an Indian designer," he said, adding that the garment firm has "the best machinery in the world."
IRFW began at Candolim on November 28 and will culminate on December 1.
American socialite Paris Hilton has arrived for the IRFW, which is also a musical festival. She would be DJ-ing on December 1. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!