Indian men now spending time before mirror: Varun Bahl
New Delhi: From being conscious about their wardrobe to following trends, Indian men folk have started taking care of their clothing, says designer Varun Bahl and adds that the Indian fashion industry has come of ages when it comes to menswear line.
"Men`s fashion has grown immensely in India. There is a change in the way people perceive fashion today. Men in general are taking care of the way they dress up. They are more conscious and actually spending time in front of mirror," Bahl told IANS.
Bahl rcently showcased his collection at the International Indian Film Academy awards (IIFA) in Singapore. Bahl collaborated with liquor brand Grey Goose to showcase a collection of evening and cocktail gowns. Bollywood stars Nargis Fakhri and Vivek Oberoi were the showstoppers at his show.
And the designer is mesmerised with the kind of response he has received from international clients.
"The experience was good. This was my first IIFA, so it was great showing to such a large audience. It`s always good to present your designs to people of that scale as it helps in brand building," said Behl who started his label - Varun Bahl - in 2001.
Another feather in the cap was added when he was invited to showcase his spring summer 2007 line at the Milan fashion week, making him the first Indian designer to have showcased his collection there.
Also, his collaboration with filmmaker Karan Johar for men`s wear line was first of its kind in Indian fashion industry. Together they showcased collection at the India Mens Week and the Lakme Fashion Week.
"The amalgamation of the thoughts and ideas of both of us help in bringing out something different and unique. We are working on the second line in menswear segment and this will be out very soon," said Bahl, who is also working on his first Bollywood project, the plans of which are still under wraps.
Some pearl of wisdom?
"Explore Indian designs and opt for it. Try western clothes but don`t sideline Indian wear," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- It's a 'happy-sad feeling' for Anushka Sharma as 'Phillauri' shoot comes to an end!
- Spirituality helps you transform into a better human – Here’s how
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more
- Audrey Hepburn letters sell at auction for 11,250 pounds
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- Mother of 21 year-old twin sons - Urvashi Dholakia - defies age and how! See pics
- Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring this monsoon – See sizzling hot pics