Injured Shraddha Kapoor gives heels a miss for catwalk
New Delhi: Actress Shraddha Kapoor, who experienced a muscle pull on her leg while rehearsing for her upcoming film ‘ABCD 2’, gave towering heels a miss to walk as the showstopper for couturier JJ Valaya at the BMW India Bridal Fashion Week (IBFW) here. She says she`s recovering well.
"I can`t wear heels, so I wore flats for the show. I`m sure everyone saw the disparity in my height (while I was on the ramp. But that`s okay! It`s a partial muscle tear in leg and I can`t walk in heels for sometime," Shraddha told reporters here post the show Sunday night.
As the showstopper for the fashion gala`s grand finale, the ‘Aashiqui 2’ actress felt "grand" herself and "flattered to be wearing a creation by one of the czars of the Indian fashion industry".
Since it was a bridal show, Shraddha also admits experiencing a "new tingly feeling".
"I was feeling shy looking at myself in this beautiful creation. It just ignited something within me," said the daughter of veteran actor Shakti Kapoor.
She says her heart went "dhak dhak" before she took to the ramp, but then she said: "As long as you feel good about yourself and in what you look, it helps you to get over any nervousness."
As of now, she`s only hoping to recover soon as she needs to resume the rehearsals for dance-based film ‘ABCD 2’ as well as begin the promotions for ‘Haider’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of Emraan Hashmi's maiden home production 'Captain Nawab' out! - Pic inside
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Vishal-Shekhar, UK-based band collaborate for 'Beliya'
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly