IRFW moves to Mumbai from Goa
New Delhi: After organising the initial two editions of India Resort Fashion Week (IRFW) in Goa, the fashion week`s venue has been shifted to Mumbai for the third edition. The organisers feel the city is an apt venue to organise such events because of its connectivity on the world map.
“The shift is only because Mumbai is a city where most of the fashion industry resides. It will be convenient for the fashion fraternity, buyers from different industries and media as it is a well connected destination on the world map,” Reema Rathod, manager of organising body E-sense Entertainment, told IANS.
“The city is also in sync with trendsetters, style icons and world renowned Indian fashion designers because they are based out of Mumbai. We are expecting much better turn out of not only the media but also the designers and fashion enthusiasts at the event in Mumbai. Some designers showcasing at the IRFW are also happy with our decision of shifting the location,” she added.
The four-day fashion extravaganza will commence with the launch of the very first edition of India Resortwear Fashion Calendar Dec 11.
Some of the designers who are participating this season are Nandita Mahtani, Malini Ramani, Masaba Gupta, Surily Goel, Rocky S, Pria Kataria Puri, Varoin Marwah, Babita Malkani, Archana Kochhar, Sai Suman and Sounia Gohil.
A new attraction at the upcoming edition of IRFW “will be the introduction of the India Glamour and Fashion Awards,” said Rathod.
“The fashion week will conclude with the India Glamour & Fashion Awards Dec 14,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how