IRFW moves to Mumbai from Goa
New Delhi: After organising the initial two editions of India Resort Fashion Week (IRFW) in Goa, the fashion week`s venue has been shifted to Mumbai for the third edition. The organisers feel the city is an apt venue to organise such events because of its connectivity on the world map.
“The shift is only because Mumbai is a city where most of the fashion industry resides. It will be convenient for the fashion fraternity, buyers from different industries and media as it is a well connected destination on the world map,” Reema Rathod, manager of organising body E-sense Entertainment, told IANS.
“The city is also in sync with trendsetters, style icons and world renowned Indian fashion designers because they are based out of Mumbai. We are expecting much better turn out of not only the media but also the designers and fashion enthusiasts at the event in Mumbai. Some designers showcasing at the IRFW are also happy with our decision of shifting the location,” she added.
The four-day fashion extravaganza will commence with the launch of the very first edition of India Resortwear Fashion Calendar Dec 11.
Some of the designers who are participating this season are Nandita Mahtani, Malini Ramani, Masaba Gupta, Surily Goel, Rocky S, Pria Kataria Puri, Varoin Marwah, Babita Malkani, Archana Kochhar, Sai Suman and Sounia Gohil.
A new attraction at the upcoming edition of IRFW “will be the introduction of the India Glamour and Fashion Awards,” said Rathod.
“The fashion week will conclude with the India Glamour & Fashion Awards Dec 14,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Sanjay Dutt keen on changing 'Bhoomi' release date?
- Priyanka Chopra's picture with THIS Spanish model is UNMISSABLE!
- We are playing tennis doubles, quips Twinkle Khanna on marriage with Akshay Kumar!
- Katrina Kaif training hard for Salman Khan starrer 'Tiger Zinda Hai' and THIS is what she is learning!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH