Jaipur girl Koyal Rana crowned 51st Femina Miss India
Mumbai: Jaipur girl Koyal Rana was Saturday crowned Femina Miss India 2014 at the 51st edition of the beauty pageant here.
The first and second runners-up were Jhataleka Malhotra from Mumbai and Gail Nicole Da Silva from Goa respectively.
The trio was selected from the top five finalists of the fbb Femina Miss India 2014 that also included Lopamudra Raut and Nikhila Nandgopal.
Miss India 2013 winners Navneet Kaur Dhillon, Sobhita Dhulipala and Zoya Afroz were on stage at the Yashraj Studio to handover the titled to the winners.
Tinsel town stars Shahid Kapoor and Shradhha Kapoor added glamour to the ceremony, which was judged by actors Abhay Deol, Jacqueline Fernandez, Vidyut Jamwal, Aditi Rao Hydari, Malaika Arora Khan along with ace fashion designer Manish Malhotra, singing sensation Yo Yo Honey Singh, Miss World 2013 Megan Young and World Champion Boxer Vijender Singh.
Mika Singh set the stage afire when he belted out his popular number “Agal Bagal” from “Phata Poster Nikla Hero” and his brand new song “Party toh banti hai” from Amitabh Bachchan’s ready to release “Bhoothnath Returns”.
Honey Singh also took to stage and wowed the guests at the finale, which hosted by actor Riteish Deshmukh, who kept the audience in splits with his wit and humour.
The highpoint of the evening was Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha’s tribute to former beauty queen Zeenat Aman, who was later felicitated with a trophy at the finale by the “Dabangg” actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- Baaghi movie review: With hits and misses, Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor will keep you hooked throughout
- Up close and personal – Get to know Sonam Kapoor better: Here's how