Jean Paul Gaultier reinvents classic denim biker jacket
New Delhi: French fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier has added extra bling to denim rocker jacket.
He visualised the rock touch of the studded leather jacket as made out of an extraordinary material like crystal. This led him to design Diamond Rocker, a sleeveless denim jacket beautified with Swarovski crystal Spikes and Studs and Swarovski crystal embroidery.
Gaultier wanted to create a design that is the "celebration of spikes and studs in different forms that become transparent, mirrored, and clearly stimulate extreme creation".
"I`ve tried to realise a vintage denim jacket, that, all of a sudden, becomes studded by a haute couture biker, as if the biker himself would have done it, and clearly all this is magical, completely unique and the real Haute Couture," he said in a statement.
The creation was recently showcased at his Haute Couture Catwalk event in Paris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!