Jennifer Lawrence felt like alien in couture gowns
Los Angeles: Actress Jennifer Lawrence says she felt like an alien when she had to wear couture gowns for red carpet events post her Oscar nomination.
The 23-year-old, who ultimately won the best actress Oscar for "Silver Linings Playbook", says she feels very close to Katniss Everdeen, the character she essays in forthcoming movie "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire"
Lawrence says she has a strong connection with her character in terms of their personalities as well as the situations they have been through.
"It`s funny how Katniss and I have followed the same path," Lawrence said in a statement.
“When I was nominated at the Oscars, I had to go to fancy red carpet events wearing couture gowns, and I didn`t feel like myself, I felt like an alien, that`s what Katniss feels like in the first `Hunger Games` chapter, then in the second she gets used to this new life.
"She realizes she has to communicate with this new crowd and wear certain clothes, start wearing make-up... That`s kind of how I felt too," she added.
`The Hunger Games: Catching Fire` will release in India Dec 6 in English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 699: Alia successfully convinces Abhi to continue his relationship with Tanu
- Here's how Bollywood biggies Aamir Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Hrithik Roshan plan to celebrate Diwali
- Sanjay Dutt's comeback film 'Marco' to go on floors next year!
- Akshay Kumar, Taapsee Pannu wrap up Malaysia schedule of 'Naam Shabana'
- Abhay Deol marks his debut on Instagram!
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu gears up for the festival of lights– Here’s how
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season