John Galliano to make fashion comeback
London: Troubled designer John Galliano is set to make his fashion comeback with leading designer Oscar De La Renta.
Galliano, 52, fell from grace after he was accused of hurling anti-Semitic abuse at a couple during a night out in Paris in February, 2011, reported Femalefirst.
"John and I have known each other for many years and I am a great admirer of his talent. He has worked long and hard on his recovery and I am happy to give him the opportunity to re-immerse himself in the world of fashion and reacclimate (sic) in an environment where he has been so creative," De La Renta said.
Galliano said he was battling a drink problem and has spent the last two years recovering, and now he is set to get back to work.
"I am an alcoholic. I have been in recovery for the past two years... I have expressed my sorrow privately and publicly for the pain which I caused, and I continue to do so.
"I remain committed to making amends to those I have hurt. I am grateful to Oscar beyond words for inviting me to spend time with him in the familiar surroundings of a design studio. His support and faith in me is humbling."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Anushka Sharma looks dazzling on latest GQ cover!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!