Judi Dench wears Indian creation at Venice fest
New Delhi: Legendary British actress Judi Dench chose a pristine ivory gown defined by intricate Lucknowi chikan embroidery - a creation by Indian designer duo Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla - for the red carpet of the Venice Film Festival.
Dench, 78, mirrored an elegant look in the attire at the event over the weekend. The actress, popular as M from the James Bond movies, was at the film extravaganza for the screening of the film `Philomena`.
"An actress we revere, the iconic Dame Judi Dench, who dazzled Venice in our chikan outfit. What a fabulous feeling this is," the designers jointly said in a statement.
Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla, who have completed 25 years in the fashion world, have a regular celebrity clientele, including Bollywood`s famed Bachchan family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH