Juhi Chawla walks the ramp as `Marathi Mulgi`
Mumbai: Punjabi `kudi` Juhi Chawla flaunted the Marathi `Mulgi` look Monday at the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Winter-Festive 2013 runway here.
Dressed in a bright sinduri pink floor-length anarkali with green hemline, green dupatta and traditional `nath` (nose piece) as well as neck piece, Juhi brought the Maharashtrian flavour on the ramp as a showstopper for designer Shruti Sancheti.
"It was a pleasure walking the ramp. I really loved her work and the fall of all her attires," Juhi told reporters after the show.
Describing Juhi`s attire, Shruti said: "Her outfit is an amalgamation of various Maharashtrian styles. It`s an anarkali with detailed embroidery work and typical Maharashtrian jewellery."
Even the show began with a girl donning traditional Nauvari sari and performing on the song `Gananayakaya` from the film `Viruddh`.
Shruti`s collection was very Indian that included saris, ghaghras and anarkalis, among others.
Image Courtesy: Twitter
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aww! Here's a sweet gesture by Alia Bhatt towards mom Soni Razdan – Check out
- Birthday bash! Shah Rukh Khan, Aryan, Navya Naveli turn up at Karan Johar's birthday party – See pics
- Have always been confident about my work: Richa Chadha
- Bored of saris, anarkalis on special occasions? Innovate
- Twitteratti want Captain America to turn 'gay'
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how
- Wow! What a combination - Sonam Kapoor gives desi twist to her look for amfAR Gala
- Behind the scenes- Sexy Femina cover girl Radhika Apte unplugged – Watch video