Kanye West designed sneakers on sale for 10 million pounds
Los Angeles: A pair of sneakers designed by rapper Kanye West is being sold for 10 million pounds.
The Air Yeezy II Red October limited-edition sneakers, designed by the rapper in conjunction with Nike, is being sold on Ebay and the seller claims all profits will go to charity, reports contactmusic.com.
West had successfully designed two lines in 2009 and 2012, but fell out with the sportswear brand last year over their refusal to grant him royalties.
The all-red hi-top design, which features red laces and a buckle across the front, was already set to go on sale and, just like his previous designs, it reportedly sold out within 11 minutes of being on sale at Nike.com on Sunday.
Pairs of the covered shoes soon began appearing on Ebay, with one listing rocketing to 10 million pounds, over 45,000 times more than its original retail price of 220 pounds.
The item garnered attention from over 84 people who bid on the product in little over a 10-hour period after a user named b_toogood put the item on sale for 200 pounds.
With six days to go before the listing ends, the price could rise even further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India
- Teenagers who feel safe at school get higher grades
- Shatrughan Sinha lauds Sonakshi's devotion to work
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly