Kardashian fans caught in stampede
London: Fans waiting to meet the Kardashian sisters - Kim, Khloe and Kourtney - were caught in a stampede when the crowd became unmanageable in a shopping centre here.
Excited fans had got up before dawn to queue for one of 500 wristbands to meet reality TV stars Kim, Kourtney and Khloe at the Westfield Shopping Centre, in Shepherd`s Bush, West London Saturday.
The centre had said the queue would not open before 7a.m. Saturday - but security let people camp overnight from 10 p.m. on Friday. When the number of fans reached 10,000, the situation became chaotic.
"It was terrifying. We were crushed against each other and couldn`t breathe," thesun.co.uk quoted Samantha Vaknin, 14, a victim, as saying.
"There were ambulances arriving because girls were fainting. Security was terrible. I thought I was going to die. I was gasping for air and I was terrified I was going to get trampled," she added.
The Kardashian sisters were here to promote their latest clothing range - Kardashian Kollection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!