Kardashian sisters threatened with lawsuit over new make-up line name
London: The Kardashian sisters have been accused of stealing the name of a high-end makeup line and using it for their own cosmetic brand, it has been revealed.
Kim, Khloe and Kourtney have been working on their make-up line, Khroma Beauty, for quite some time – a cosmetics line that is set for launch next month from not-so-suave places such as CVS, Sears, and Ultra.
But now Michael Rey, the co-owner of Chroma Makeup in Beverly Hills has said that his brand “took 12 years of blood, sweat and tears to build,” and now boasts an A-List clientele, all for it to be exploited by the Kardashian power trio, the Mirror reported.
He has said that the Kardashians line have cheapened his products due to the confusion it creates in the marketplace.
Rey fears that his high-end customers will now become bemused and either head over to the Kardashians cosmetics or be embarrassed to say they wear Chroma in case of a mix-up.
According to TMZ.com Rey has already hired a legal team, but hasn``t contacted the Kardashian sisters just yet for a court battle.
He’s even reportedly drafted a letter to his customers stating that Chroma is in NO WAY associated with “the low budget cosmetic products” that the Kardashians are conjuring up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic