Karl Lagerfeld apologises for Adele ‘fat’ comments
London: Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld has apologised for calling Adele "too fat".
The Chanel honcho came under fire earlier this week when he criticised the Grammy Award-winning star`s voluptuous figure, saying she "is a little too fat", Sun online reported.
But he now says that his comments were taken "out of context", and that he is a huge fan of the `Someone Like You` hitmaker.
“I`d like to say to Adele that I am your biggest admirer. Sometimes when you take a sentence out it changes the meaning of the thought.”
“Adele is my favourite singer and I am a great admirer of her. I lost over 30 kilos 10 years ago and know how it feels when the press is mean to you in regards to your appearance. Adele is a beautiful girl," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Huge crowd erupts at Vadodara to see Shah Rukh Khan; 1 reported dead in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- Mahira Khan looks stunning in THIS white outfit!
- Sonakshi Sinha talks about her fashion preferences, says she has individualistic style
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Make heads turn by trying these hairstyle trends!
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra