Karl Lagerfeld apologises for Adele ‘fat’ comments
London: Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld has apologised for calling Adele "too fat".
The Chanel honcho came under fire earlier this week when he criticised the Grammy Award-winning star`s voluptuous figure, saying she "is a little too fat", Sun online reported.
But he now says that his comments were taken "out of context", and that he is a huge fan of the `Someone Like You` hitmaker.
“I`d like to say to Adele that I am your biggest admirer. Sometimes when you take a sentence out it changes the meaning of the thought.”
“Adele is my favourite singer and I am a great admirer of her. I lost over 30 kilos 10 years ago and know how it feels when the press is mean to you in regards to your appearance. Adele is a beautiful girl," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!