Karl Lagerfeld apologises for Adele ‘fat’ comments
London: Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld has apologised for calling Adele "too fat".
The Chanel honcho came under fire earlier this week when he criticised the Grammy Award-winning star`s voluptuous figure, saying she "is a little too fat", Sun online reported.
But he now says that his comments were taken "out of context", and that he is a huge fan of the `Someone Like You` hitmaker.
“I`d like to say to Adele that I am your biggest admirer. Sometimes when you take a sentence out it changes the meaning of the thought.”
“Adele is my favourite singer and I am a great admirer of her. I lost over 30 kilos 10 years ago and know how it feels when the press is mean to you in regards to your appearance. Adele is a beautiful girl," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Narcissist Bill Cosby didn't realise I was gay,' slams original accuser
- Waiting for you to come back: Sanjay Dutt’s B-Town friends
- Bobbi Kristina's funeral arrangements to take place in Georgia
- Cara Delevigne, Piers Morgan slam dentist for killing famous South African lion
- Kian Egan, Jodi Albert want more children