Karl Lagerfeld apologises for Adele ‘fat’ comments
London: Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld has apologised for calling Adele "too fat".
The Chanel honcho came under fire earlier this week when he criticised the Grammy Award-winning star`s voluptuous figure, saying she "is a little too fat", Sun online reported.
But he now says that his comments were taken "out of context", and that he is a huge fan of the `Someone Like You` hitmaker.
“I`d like to say to Adele that I am your biggest admirer. Sometimes when you take a sentence out it changes the meaning of the thought.”
“Adele is my favourite singer and I am a great admirer of her. I lost over 30 kilos 10 years ago and know how it feels when the press is mean to you in regards to your appearance. Adele is a beautiful girl," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly