Karl Lagerfeld: Flat shoes are fashionable
Los Angeles: Designer Karl Lagerfeld says it`s okay to wear flat shoes with dresses.
The outspoken fashion designer gave the trend his seal of approval after he debuted an exclusive collection of Chanel Couture running shoes paired with dresses as part of the brand`s spring-summer 2014 collection, a look which he claims was popular centuries ago.
"In the history of fashion, around 1800 to 1840, women had flat shoes. Even with a ballgown, they`d wear flat shoes,” contactmusic.com quoted him assaying.
"I had a feeling the girls would love them. The way they ran down the staircase - I didn`t even ask them, they did it naturally, because in this kind of shoe, you can do that. Coming down the staircase in platforms is very difficult and not very beautiful. It gives a new modern attitude to couture, a flexibility,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for