Karl Lagerfeld: Flat shoes are fashionable
Los Angeles: Designer Karl Lagerfeld says it`s okay to wear flat shoes with dresses.
The outspoken fashion designer gave the trend his seal of approval after he debuted an exclusive collection of Chanel Couture running shoes paired with dresses as part of the brand`s spring-summer 2014 collection, a look which he claims was popular centuries ago.
"In the history of fashion, around 1800 to 1840, women had flat shoes. Even with a ballgown, they`d wear flat shoes,” contactmusic.com quoted him assaying.
"I had a feeling the girls would love them. The way they ran down the staircase - I didn`t even ask them, they did it naturally, because in this kind of shoe, you can do that. Coming down the staircase in platforms is very difficult and not very beautiful. It gives a new modern attitude to couture, a flexibility,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government should decide if banning actors can stop terrorism: Varun Dhawan
- Can you caption this PIC for Katrina Kaif? Yes, she's asking for it!
- Pakistani artistes controversy: MNS workers protest outside Karan Johar’s residence
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- MNS effect? Pakistani actor Fawad Khan secretly LEAVES India—Deets inside
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn