Katrina Kaif awestruck by Lucknowi bridal look
New Delhi: Actress Katrina Kaif, who flaunts four Indian bridal looks for an ad, says she liked the Lucknowi avatar the most for its elegance and minimal yet glamorous look.
In the new mango drink Slice Swayaamvar commercials, Katrina is seen in four bridal avatars, which were designed by well-known designer Anaita Shroff Adajania.
The commercials highlight Slice`s three new variants chosen from across the country.
"It was a spectacular experience to dress as a multiple bride for this beautiful concept called Slice Swayaamvar. I love the fact that India has such a rich culture to borrow from when it comes to bridal splendor, and each region has its own trademark style," Katrina, who mostly dresses up in western attire for films, said in a statement.
"I was floored with all the looks, because each look is so traditional, yet has refreshing elements of modernity. My personal favourite was the Lucknowi avatar as it is very elegant, minimal yet glamorous and akin to my style statement," she added.
For her generic bride look, Katrina donned a red lehenga, a long choli, and a red bindi. Princess styled kundan jewellery completed her look.
As a Lucknowi bride, Katrina looks stunning in vintage shades of green and baby pink, created by a silent embroiderer in the Lucknowi gharana style, with a modern adah of crystals. A sharara with golden detailing and transparent sleeves completed her ensemble.
The `Dhoom:3` star drapes traditional Kanjivaram sari for the Southern look that was reinterpreted as a structured contemporary gown, with a 10-foot trail, along with heavy golden South Indian temple jewellery inspired mathapatti that completed her look as a royal South Indian bride.
Katrina glows in a playful mirror worked waistcoat with multi-colour, layered skirt for the Gujarati look. Swarovski crystals framed her eyes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tiger Shroff wishes 'Happy Diwali' in unique 'HappyFeet' dancing style!
- Sidharth Malhotra opens up about 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' controversy, says 'it's unfortunate'
- Kamaal R Khan rips apart Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay', leaks opening scene online
- Shah Rukh Khan shares priceless moments with acid attack survivors
- Attention ladies, check out the best tips to dress up this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu gears up for the festival of lights– Here’s how
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season