Katy Perry says she’s glad to be still alive after winning `Woman of the Year` honour
London: Katy Perry, who has had a mad year, seems to have been stressed out by it as she confessed that “I’m glad I’m still alive.”
The 28-year-old songstress went through a divorce from Russell Brand, release of her documentary ‘Katy Perry: Part Of Me’ and the 27th re-release of her album ‘Teenage Dream’ in 2012.
However, she seems to have ended on a high yet as she was crowned ‘Woman of the Year’ by Billboard magazine.
The singer popped along to the American magazine’s Women In Music luncheon in New York City to accept the honour, wearing a rather demure ruffle neck and hem boob-hugging dress in an eye-popping shade of hot pink.
Speaking in an interview in the latest issue of Billboard, which sees her grace the cover wearing aquamarine eyeliner and pink lipstick, Katy said “I’m glad I’m still alive - 27 has been a very testing year.”
“I’d thought my year was over, that it was time to pass the baton. But I guess I get to hold onto it until the end of the year!” the Mirror quoted her as saying.
She also spoke about her `Woman of the Year` title.
“It’s truly a lovely compliment. Seeing who has been honoured in the past - Beyonce, Taylor Swift and others – I’m in good company,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shweta Tiwari, Abhinav Kohli welcome first bundle of joy
- Harshvardhan Kapoor as Bhavesh Joshi – prosthetics and lots more
- Akshay Kumar shares first look of ‘Jolly LL.B 2’ and it is mighty impressive
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks incredibly gorgeous on the cover of Grazia India
- Deepika Padukone aces her monochrome look like a fashion pro!
- Make-up must haves in your kitty!
- Wedding special: Dear men, ace Nawabi look this season
- Vishnu Raj Menon wins Peter England Mr India 2016, Hrithik Roshan feels 'inspired'