Katy Perry unveils Freddie Mercury inspired `Killer Queen` fragrance
New York: Katy Perry`s new fragrance, which is set to release next month, has apparently been inspired by British rock band Queen`s lead vocalist Freddie Mercury.
Killer Queen, which seems to have been inspired by a royal scepter, is the 28-year-old singer`s third fragrance after the cat-inspired Purr (2010) and Meow (2011).
According to Perry, the lyrics penned by the famous frontman inspired the fragrance, the New York Daily News reported.
She told WWD that Mercury painted the lyrics of this woman who Perry wanted to be.
Perry said that the woman from the lyrics seemed very powerful, and captivated a room when she walked in.
She asserted that she feels that after all this time, it was appropriate to use that name in association with something that she did, adding that she feels like she is falling into that woman whom Freddie painted.
Killer Queen was created by the pop star herself in collaboration with Laurent Le Guernec of International Flavors and Fragrances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Hrithik nor Salman! Anushka to team up with Katrina Kaif on 'Koffee with Karan'
- 'Bigg Boss' season 10: Manu Punjabi exits Salman Khan's show?
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' to cross Rs 50 crore mark today!
- Most searched male celebrity list 2016: Kapil Sharma beats Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks incredibly gorgeous on the cover of Grazia India
- Deepika Padukone aces her monochrome look like a fashion pro!
- Make-up must haves in your kitty!
- Wedding special: Dear men, ace Nawabi look this season
- Vishnu Raj Menon wins Peter England Mr India 2016, Hrithik Roshan feels 'inspired'