Kelly Brook`s style icon was Madonna
London: Model Kelly Brook says she looked up to superstar Madonna when she was growing up and often copied her famous hairstyles.
The 33-year-old model-and-actress says the `I`m A Virgin` hitmaker was her idol growing up and she always wanted to dress like her, reported The Daily Telegraph.
"I would buy tonnes of hairspray. I had a bad perm and would scrunch my hair. I`d go through a can of hairspray a week," Brook said.
Although she was fascinated by Madonna, Brook insists her biggest role model when it came to hair and beauty was her grandmother.
"My earliest beauty memory was at my grandmother`s house. She was always into beauty products and I remember her teaching me how to cleanse my face using cleansing milk. Nowadays, my ethos is to take good care of my skin - but I also think that if you have a clear and happy mind, that shines through and makes you beautiful.
"I`m reading about the alkaline diet and that seems to make a lot of sense. But I also still love all things beauty."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly