Kelly Brook`s style icon was Madonna
London: Model Kelly Brook says she looked up to superstar Madonna when she was growing up and often copied her famous hairstyles.
The 33-year-old model-and-actress says the `I`m A Virgin` hitmaker was her idol growing up and she always wanted to dress like her, reported The Daily Telegraph.
"I would buy tonnes of hairspray. I had a bad perm and would scrunch my hair. I`d go through a can of hairspray a week," Brook said.
Although she was fascinated by Madonna, Brook insists her biggest role model when it came to hair and beauty was her grandmother.
"My earliest beauty memory was at my grandmother`s house. She was always into beauty products and I remember her teaching me how to cleanse my face using cleansing milk. Nowadays, my ethos is to take good care of my skin - but I also think that if you have a clear and happy mind, that shines through and makes you beautiful.
"I`m reading about the alkaline diet and that seems to make a lot of sense. But I also still love all things beauty."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Filmmakers just followed law; Karan Johar is being bullied: Zoya Akhtar
- Unfair to target film involving mostly Indians, says Dia Mirza
- Antara Biswas aka Monalisa wants Salman's attention with 'Bigg Boss' stint
- I'm sure kids will be inspired by 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- No blanket ban on Pakistani artistes in view of prevailing atmosphere: MEA
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!
- ‘Befikre’ couple Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor looks smoking hot together- SEE pics
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare