Kim Kardashian ‘suing Old Navy over look-alike Melissa Molinaro ads’
New York: Reality star Kim Kardashian has launched legal action against popular US clothes brand Old Navy for using a look-alike model in their new advertising campaign.
Kardashian is seeking an amount around 15 to 20 million dollars in compensatory and punitive damages from the retail chain for its unauthorised use of her ‘name, likeness, identity, and persona’.
The fact which perhaps is all the more infuriating Kardashian is that her look-alike, Melissa Molinaro, is currently dating the socialite’s former boyfriend Reggie Bush.
The ‘Super C-U-T-E’ clip shows Molinaro as the mirror of Kardashian, with the make-up and hair styled just like the American actress.
The video promoting the brand’s jeans has had 1.7 million hits hitherto.
Kardashian said in her federal lawsuit filed in Los Angeles on Wednesday that the company was using the double in order to make people believe she is associated with the label.
“Old Navy launched a multimedia advertising campaign featuring television and online ads that misappropriate Kardashian’s likeness in the form of a celebrity look-alike, and styled the infringing ads to evoke Kardashian’s identity and persona,” the Daily Mail quoted Kardashian’s representation and intellectual property attorney Gary Heckler as saying in a statement.
“Kim Kardashian is immediately recognisable, and is known for her look and style. Her identity and persona are valuable. When her intellectual property rights are violated, she intends to enforce them,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I can never be disciplined like Aamir, says Shah Rukh Khan
- I'll be expected to deliver bigger film after 'Sultan': Ali Abbas Zafar
- What a life: Film world mourns Mahasweta Devi's demise
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic