Kim Kardashian ‘suing Old Navy over look-alike Melissa Molinaro ads’
New York: Reality star Kim Kardashian has launched legal action against popular US clothes brand Old Navy for using a look-alike model in their new advertising campaign.
Kardashian is seeking an amount around 15 to 20 million dollars in compensatory and punitive damages from the retail chain for its unauthorised use of her ‘name, likeness, identity, and persona’.
The fact which perhaps is all the more infuriating Kardashian is that her look-alike, Melissa Molinaro, is currently dating the socialite’s former boyfriend Reggie Bush.
The ‘Super C-U-T-E’ clip shows Molinaro as the mirror of Kardashian, with the make-up and hair styled just like the American actress.
The video promoting the brand’s jeans has had 1.7 million hits hitherto.
Kardashian said in her federal lawsuit filed in Los Angeles on Wednesday that the company was using the double in order to make people believe she is associated with the label.
“Old Navy launched a multimedia advertising campaign featuring television and online ads that misappropriate Kardashian’s likeness in the form of a celebrity look-alike, and styled the infringing ads to evoke Kardashian’s identity and persona,” the Daily Mail quoted Kardashian’s representation and intellectual property attorney Gary Heckler as saying in a statement.
“Kim Kardashian is immediately recognisable, and is known for her look and style. Her identity and persona are valuable. When her intellectual property rights are violated, she intends to enforce them,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's how Karan Johar conceived the idea of 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Unmissable autumn tips to stylishly dress up toddlers
- Remember 'Style' duo Sharman Joshi, Sahil Khan? This is what they look like now
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Parineeti Chopra keen to work with cousin Priyanka Chopra
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!