Know when to splurge or cheap out
New York: You must splurge on skincare, bags and lingerie. But for products like pyjamas and white t-shirts, you can buy them cheap.
Here`s a list of things you ought to spend extravagantly on, reports huffingtonpost.com:
- Tailoring: Good tailoring can make an off-the-rack dress into something special.
- Skincare: Moisturisers or cleansers from a nearby drugstore can be the cause of acne or other skin issues. Those with especially sensitive skin should buy natural or handmade cosmetics that work well.
- Bags: A cheap bag will fall apart. Besides, people notice nice craftsmanship.
- Perfume: You need to spend on a fragrance that doesn`t smell too sweet and lasts long.
- Bras: Cheap ones can be scratchy or get stretched out easily.
Save money on the following:
- Exercise clothes: Don`t cough up money for exercise clothes. Use old t-shirts floating around your house as the workout wear anyway gets stained and sweaty.
- Pyjamas: Nothing is more comfortable to sleep in than underwear and a 30-year-old t-shirt.
- White t-shirts: White cotton t-shirts never stay white for too long so no point in spending a huge amount on them.