Know when to splurge or cheap out
New York: You must splurge on skincare, bags and lingerie. But for products like pyjamas and white t-shirts, you can buy them cheap.
Here`s a list of things you ought to spend extravagantly on, reports huffingtonpost.com:
- Tailoring: Good tailoring can make an off-the-rack dress into something special.
- Skincare: Moisturisers or cleansers from a nearby drugstore can be the cause of acne or other skin issues. Those with especially sensitive skin should buy natural or handmade cosmetics that work well.
- Bags: A cheap bag will fall apart. Besides, people notice nice craftsmanship.
- Perfume: You need to spend on a fragrance that doesn`t smell too sweet and lasts long.
- Bras: Cheap ones can be scratchy or get stretched out easily.
Save money on the following:
- Exercise clothes: Don`t cough up money for exercise clothes. Use old t-shirts floating around your house as the workout wear anyway gets stained and sweaty.
- Pyjamas: Nothing is more comfortable to sleep in than underwear and a 30-year-old t-shirt.
- White t-shirts: White cotton t-shirts never stay white for too long so no point in spending a huge amount on them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.