Krishna Mehta displays handcrafted embroidery, French knots at LFW
Mumbai: Designer Krishna Mehta displayed her ethnic Indian creations at the Lakme Fashion Week 2012`s third day, celebrated as the Indian Textile Day.
Krishna`s collection featured a wide range of Indian ethnic wear including lehengas, stylish blouses, detailed embroidery work, Lakhnavi embroidery, cut works, French knots among others.
"My collections are all handcrafted which is specialised more on antique embroideries, lehengas, and a lot of detailing on each garments," said Krishna, adding her outfits can be teamed with various other garments to get a more stylish look.
"It is important to have your own style. Fashions will come and go but style will never go... it will always remain with us. So with my collections you can take it further in your way and mix these outfits with your own style with lehengas, jeans, or anything else," she said.
Krishna`s collection was quite colourful, blending subtle as well as bright colours such as peach, purple, red, gold, white among others.
As a tribute to Indian textiles, LFW dedicated Sunday to Indian craftsmanship and textiles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Kapoor and Sons': Meet cricketers Fawad Khan and Sidharth Malhotra
- Paul McCartney voices for Skype emojis!
- Salman Khan surprised Katrina Kaif on the sets of ‘Comedy Nights Live’ – What happened next
- Have to be at the Oscars for Leonardo DiCaprio: Kate Winslet
- Tom Cruise allows politician to use movie poster