Krishna Mehta displays handcrafted embroidery, French knots at LFW
Mumbai: Designer Krishna Mehta displayed her ethnic Indian creations at the Lakme Fashion Week 2012`s third day, celebrated as the Indian Textile Day.
Krishna`s collection featured a wide range of Indian ethnic wear including lehengas, stylish blouses, detailed embroidery work, Lakhnavi embroidery, cut works, French knots among others.
"My collections are all handcrafted which is specialised more on antique embroideries, lehengas, and a lot of detailing on each garments," said Krishna, adding her outfits can be teamed with various other garments to get a more stylish look.
"It is important to have your own style. Fashions will come and go but style will never go... it will always remain with us. So with my collections you can take it further in your way and mix these outfits with your own style with lehengas, jeans, or anything else," she said.
Krishna`s collection was quite colourful, blending subtle as well as bright colours such as peach, purple, red, gold, white among others.
As a tribute to Indian textiles, LFW dedicated Sunday to Indian craftsmanship and textiles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Forget controversies, KRK makes 'interesting' remark about Karan Singh Grover-Bipasha Basu wedding
- Shah Rukh Khan should get National Award for 'FAN'—See who says this!
- Hot and sexy to the hilt – Nargis Fakhri on sizzling magazine covers
- Commercial cinema doesn't need me: Manoj Bajpayee
- Controversies, legal battle – What are they? Kangana Ranaut at her happiest best – See pics