Lady Gaga honours friend at fashion awards
London: Pop star Lady Gaga gave a heartfelt speech in honour of a magazine editor friend at a fashion awards ceremony.
The `Poker Face` star attended the Fashion Media Awards 2013 in New York City to present a prize to her friend Stephen Gan, V Magazine`s Editor in Chief, and she gushed about their friendship when she took to the podium, reported Daily Mirror.
Gaga described Gan as one of her few true friends and credited him with helping her make contacts within the fashion industry.
"What do I say about Stephen Gan? Well basically, I wouldn`t know anybody in this room if it wasn`t for you... When I first met you we had sushi on 8th street... It was like we had known each other for so long," Gaga said.
"I can`t tell you all in here about how your life changes and your career changes - you see who your real friends are. And one of my real friends is sitting right there. There are very few people in this industry... The music industry... There`s very few who stand by you always. Stephen and all my fashion and art friends, you were all really there."
Gaga presented Gan with the Magazine of the Year award for his publication, while actress Jessica Biel also attended the event to hand the Creative Director of the Year to Elle`s Joe Zee.
Supermodel-turned-small screen star Heidi Klum landed the TV Personality of the Year trophy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Superstar Rajinikanth injured on sets of '2.0'
- Check out incredible worldwide box office collections of Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi'
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!