Lady Gaga, Posh inducted into headwear Hall of Fame
New York: Lady Gaga and Victoria Beckham have been inducted into the headwear Hall of Fame for their contributions to the art of the hat.
The Headwear Association has also honoured LL Kool J and Kid Rock for their contribution to the hat world, along with posthumously honouring iconic actors Marlene Dietrich and Fred Astaire for transforming the straw boater, the fedora, the turban and the top hat into screen icons.
The 103-year-old association honours six people each year who have redefined what it means to cover one’s head.
“The six chosen to be inducted into the Headwear Hall of Fame are all known for frequently wearing hats and have all had a positive impact on the evolution and popularity of headwear fashions,” the New York Daily News quoted a statement from the Headwear Association as saying..
Posh was honoured for not only wearing a wacky Philip Treacy fascinator to the year’s biggest royal wedding in April, but also for showing them on the runways of her fashion line.
The THA was bowled over by the fact that the ‘Poker Face’ hitmaker had applied for an internship with master milliner Treacy.
The Association’s board of directors voted and approved the final six inductees, who will be formally inducted into The Headwear Hall of Fame at the annual THA Gala at the Central Park Boathouse on 19th April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar shares first look of ‘Jolly LL.B 2’ and its might impressive
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks incredibly gorgeous on the cover of Grazia India
- Deepika Padukone aces her monochrome look like a fashion pro!
- Make-up must haves in your kitty!
- Wedding special: Dear men, ace Nawabi look this season
- Vishnu Raj Menon wins Peter England Mr India 2016, Hrithik Roshan feels 'inspired'