Lakme Fashion Week 2014 curtain raiser
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Lakme Fashion Week 2014 witnessed the curtain raiser yesterday. Here is a sneak peak into Ridhi Mehra`s collection for Winter/festive 2014
Ridhi Mehra has already made her mark in the fashion world and worked with the who`s who of Bollywood. This season she will be making her debut in style with the closing show on the Jabong stage at the Lakme India Fashion Week in August showcasing her new collection – Mystical Nuit.
At the Lakme Fashion Week curtain raiser, Ridhi was present along with her muse Amrita Puri who emulated poise in a piece from the designer`s upcoming collection.
‘Mystical Nuit’ is a collection inspired by an Illuminated Night! The color palette is a reflection of the hues of sky - shades of black, beige and blue.
Silhouettes created for the collection are an extension of her classics as well as innovations in fusion wear. Mystical Nuit will witnesses an extension into more westernized styles. The embroideries are an eclectic mix of resham and beadwork, highlighted with zardosi. The grandeur of the ensembles is brought up by the use of fabrics like rawsilk, silk georgette, chiffon and net.
Metallic belts are one of the key elements used to enhance the look and signify the illumination of the mystical night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Surgical strikes: Adnan Sami praises Indian Army, gets slammed on Twitter – Details inside
- Humans are selfish: Tom Hanks
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Salman Khan needs to be taught a lesson, says Shiv Sena – Read more
- Banning films with Pakistan actors could result in losses for Indian cinema, says CBFC chief Nihalani
- MS Dhoni goes gaga over Sushant Singh Rajput's performance in his biopic
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn