Lakme Fashion Week: Parineeti Chopra adds grace to Masaba`s Benarasi collection
Mumbai: Actress Parineeti Chopra displayed her usual joyous self while Friday walking the ramp for designer Masaba at the Lakme Fashion Week Summer-Resort 2013.
The actress looked stunning in a long white jacket with black Masaba signature print and a bright hot pink `dhoti` teamed with stylish gold jewellery. She looked neat in her tied hair.
She was seen tapping her foot to the tunes to "Dama dum mast kalandar" adding grace and a fun element of the show.
"Thank you Masaba. I love the pops of colour you give your clothes. This is how I`m in real life too," she told reporters.
The collection was called `Postcards of Banaras`.
"My collection is an ode to the widows of Benaras. It is interesting and I saw that no one has picked up this idea before. My collection had predominantly white in it," Masaba said.
The designer also used a lot of gold Benarasi jewellery -- a highlight of the evening.
"I used traditional Benarasi jewellery. The whole idea was to create a fusion. The idea was to make it look jarring. It was an Indian fusion line," she said.
The collection consisted of printed dresses, jackets with embroidered culottes, high slit skirts and saris with net cover-ups among others.
Celebrities present at the show were Masaba`s mother Neena Gupta and actresses Shruti Haasan, Mini Mathur and Maria Goretti and Poorna jaganath.
The ongoing edition of the fashion week ends March 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- 'Befikre' Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor's latest STILL will make you standstill!
- Song alert! 'Besabriyaan' from Sushant Singh Rajput's 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story' OUT—Watch
- Sonakshi Sinha looks dayum fresh after 'Akira' promotions! Picture proof
- Work on 'Padmavati' sets in full swing, shoot begins in September
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly