Lara Dutta goes traditional with new sari range
New Delhi: Actress Lara Dutta unveiled her second sari collection Friday in association with Chhabra 555 and says the new range is much more "traditional" compared to her inaugural line.
"I launched my first collection last year, but the unique thing about this range is that it is bit more traditional than the initial one. My whole idea was how different can a sari get in the modern way and this is what I have tried to do," Lara, known for her roles in "No Entry" and "Chalo Dilli", told IANS.
"The designs are not something that we choose to wear once in a blue moon, but it is something that we want to bring out every time when there is something special," added the actress, who wears many hats. Apart from acting and designing, she is also into film production.
The collection was launched under the label "Lara Dutta - Chhabra 555" and includes outfits ranging from traditional Benarasi silks to contemporary net saris.
The colour palette varies from coral, red to midnight blue, and Lara feels that Delhi`s divas can do wonders to her collection with their style sense.
"I’ve always associated Delhi with style and I know women in Delhi are very good at putting together a look, especially with Indian wear. I am excited to see the response to the new, festive collection and look forward to interact with our customer base there,” said Lara.
The price of the collection ranges between Rs.10,000 and Rs.35,000.
Chhabra 555, one of the known brands in the country, offers a stunning range of saris, salawar-kurta, lehengas and bridal collections through its network of 60 stores spread across the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Asha Bhosle donates Rs 25k to ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Lil Champs’ contestants
- Anushka Sharma – Diljit Dosanjh starrer ‘Phillauri’ keeps ‘spirits’ high, earns moderately at Box Office
- Pratyusha Banerjee short film: Kamya Punjabi hits back at Rahul Raj Singh, says no one can scare me!
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ March 29 Update: Dadi makes Abhi realise that he has fallen in love with Pragya
- Katrina Kaif, Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and others dazzle at Hello! Hall Of Fame awards—SEE PICS
- Kriti Sanon looks fab on Vogue cover!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!