Latest fad: Eyebrow transplants
London: Eyebrow fashions are always evolving. But plucking and waxing to keep up with these trends damages the root. According to new findings, many people are enquiring about eyebrow transplant to make corrections.
Transform Cosmetic Surgery shows that there has been a 45 percent increase in enquiries for eyebrow transplants and that the enquiries about the procedure have almost doubled since 2010, with 70 percent of these coming from those who regret over plucking to keep up with past trends, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
The average age of those making enquiries is 30.
"The rise in enquires for this treatment comes mainly from women who have previously over-plucked, which can permanently damage the follicle leaving them with thinning or virtually no eyebrows," said Mabroor Bhatty, hair transplant surgeon at Transform Cosmetic Surgery.
"As fashions have changed, women are looking to reverse these effects with the treatment," added Bhatty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic