Latest fad: Eyebrow transplants
London: Eyebrow fashions are always evolving. But plucking and waxing to keep up with these trends damages the root. According to new findings, many people are enquiring about eyebrow transplant to make corrections.
Transform Cosmetic Surgery shows that there has been a 45 percent increase in enquiries for eyebrow transplants and that the enquiries about the procedure have almost doubled since 2010, with 70 percent of these coming from those who regret over plucking to keep up with past trends, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
The average age of those making enquiries is 30.
"The rise in enquires for this treatment comes mainly from women who have previously over-plucked, which can permanently damage the follicle leaving them with thinning or virtually no eyebrows," said Mabroor Bhatty, hair transplant surgeon at Transform Cosmetic Surgery.
"As fashions have changed, women are looking to reverse these effects with the treatment," added Bhatty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Slow salute: Akshay Kumar praises brave constable for saving woman's life – Watch video
- Lovemaking makes men more likely to feel divine: Study
- Film Festivals purest form of education for budding filmmakers: Arjun Kapoor
- Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar apologises for racist rant about Indians
- Ronan Farrow pays tribute to brother Thaddeus
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn