LFW: Anita Dongre`s show to be inspired by weaves of Varanasi
Mumbai: To promote hand woven textiles, noted designer Anita Dongre will present contemporary western wear in cotton and silk weaves from Varanasi at the upcoming season of Lakme Fashion Week here.
Anita will present her best ever collection at the Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2014 here on March 14. The fashion extravaganza will be held between March 12 and 16.
"My collection this time revolves around `Varanasi Weaves`, a tribute to the rich Indian textiles and glorious weaves of India. It`s a celebration of our Indian heritage and beautiful handicrafts and weaves. It is a collection which will see coming together of contemporary fashion with vintage textile," Anita said in an interview here.
"The silhouettes are modern and contemporary appealing to the style sensibilities of an urban young woman, at the same time preserving and allowing the wearer to take home a bit of our country`s culture with them," she said.
The collection will offer a mix of column gowns, full length skirts, palazzo pants, net brocade shirts, embroidered crop tops and elegant evening wear highlighted with geometric patterns, etc. The colour palette will have old rose, powder blues and lots of whites and nude shades.
Anita said there will be a showstopper for her collection.
"She is someone who beautifully reflects the spirit of brand Anita Dongre," the designer said without divulging any details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- All you want to know about Pradosh Vrat!
- All I ever wanted to be was an entertainer, says Ranveer Singh
- 'Befikre' box office report, day 2: Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer continues to impress audience
- Amitabh Bachchan starrer '102 Not Out' to go on floors next year!
- Geeta Basra, hubby Harbhajan Singh out on 'travel day' with daughter
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals her wardrobe essentials
- Raees look: Not one but three different styles for Shah Rukh Khan
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Anushka Sharma looks dazzling on latest GQ cover!