LFW: Anita Dongre`s show to be inspired by weaves of Varanasi
Mumbai: To promote hand woven textiles, noted designer Anita Dongre will present contemporary western wear in cotton and silk weaves from Varanasi at the upcoming season of Lakme Fashion Week here.
Anita will present her best ever collection at the Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2014 here on March 14. The fashion extravaganza will be held between March 12 and 16.
"My collection this time revolves around `Varanasi Weaves`, a tribute to the rich Indian textiles and glorious weaves of India. It`s a celebration of our Indian heritage and beautiful handicrafts and weaves. It is a collection which will see coming together of contemporary fashion with vintage textile," Anita said in an interview here.
"The silhouettes are modern and contemporary appealing to the style sensibilities of an urban young woman, at the same time preserving and allowing the wearer to take home a bit of our country`s culture with them," she said.
The collection will offer a mix of column gowns, full length skirts, palazzo pants, net brocade shirts, embroidered crop tops and elegant evening wear highlighted with geometric patterns, etc. The colour palette will have old rose, powder blues and lots of whites and nude shades.
Anita said there will be a showstopper for her collection.
"She is someone who beautifully reflects the spirit of brand Anita Dongre," the designer said without divulging any details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rangoon: Reasons why Shahid Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan and Kangana Ranaut starrer is a MUST WATCH
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui may not do Salman Khan’s ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ – Here’s why
- Ranganathan Madhavan - Vijay Sethupathi’s ‘Vikram Vedha’ first look poster unveiled - It’s intriguing!
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Jolly LL.B 2’ slams a century, makes it to Rs 100 crore club!
- Sanjay Dutt biopic: After Ranbir Kapoor, Paresh Rawal’s Sunil Dutt look leaked!
- Men too can incorporate pink in their wardrobe!
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance
- Jeetendra, Arbaaz to walk ramp for charity show
- Deepika Padukone in a Ralph Lauren number at New York Fashion Week will leave you mesmerised!
- Ashley Graham becomes first plus-size model to walk for Michael Kors