LFW: Anita Dongre`s show to be inspired by weaves of Varanasi
Mumbai: To promote hand woven textiles, noted designer Anita Dongre will present contemporary western wear in cotton and silk weaves from Varanasi at the upcoming season of Lakme Fashion Week here.
Anita will present her best ever collection at the Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2014 here on March 14. The fashion extravaganza will be held between March 12 and 16.
"My collection this time revolves around `Varanasi Weaves`, a tribute to the rich Indian textiles and glorious weaves of India. It`s a celebration of our Indian heritage and beautiful handicrafts and weaves. It is a collection which will see coming together of contemporary fashion with vintage textile," Anita said in an interview here.
"The silhouettes are modern and contemporary appealing to the style sensibilities of an urban young woman, at the same time preserving and allowing the wearer to take home a bit of our country`s culture with them," she said.
The collection will offer a mix of column gowns, full length skirts, palazzo pants, net brocade shirts, embroidered crop tops and elegant evening wear highlighted with geometric patterns, etc. The colour palette will have old rose, powder blues and lots of whites and nude shades.
Anita said there will be a showstopper for her collection.
"She is someone who beautifully reflects the spirit of brand Anita Dongre," the designer said without divulging any details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- IIFA 2016: Defining hotness in all black Deepika Padukone will leave you gasping for air!
- Watch: Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover are spilling love all over at IIFA green carpet!
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities on his 'Famous' video - Watch
- Jacqueline Fernandez at the launch of two Aéropostale stores in Mumbai! Pic inside
- Mother of 21 year-old twin sons - Urvashi Dholakia - defies age and how! See pics
- Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring this monsoon – See sizzling hot pics
- ‘Hottest woman in the world’ Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring on Maxim India Cover – See pic
- Mandira Bedi’s sexy bikini ‘saree’ will give you serious fashion goals – See pics
- Fawad Khan is conservative – Here’s why