LFW: Konkona turns golden girl for Anavila
Mumbai: Actress Konkona Sen Sharma put her best fashion foot forward when she hit the ramp Thursday in a metallic sari with yellow-gold and rust-gold blocking teamed with a gold metallic blouse as a showstopper for designer Anavila Mishra at Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) winter-festive 2014.
The sari, part of the designer`s collection Mohenjo Daro, was draped like a dhoti. With minimal make-up and with a bronze neckpiece, the "Page 3" actress looked stunning.
She was "thrilled" and said: "I am not really closely associated with Lakme but I am very fond of Anavila`s collections. I admire her work and her collections go with my sensibilities.
"Her collections are subtle and rustic, which is inspired from history. I am feeling great wearing this."
"Mohenjo Daro" was a blend of saris with shirt blouses, lose kurtis and more with techniques like block printing. The highlight was the handwork done on the hand-woven textiles. The block printing and ikat gave prominence to the Indus motifs.
Ajrak printing was an important aspect of the collection and to create a rustic look, she used over-dyeing and printing.
Mishra used fabrics like linen, cotton and silk in hues like mehendi green, off white, navy blue and rust red.
The ongoing fashion week, which started Tuesday, will conclude Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Happy Birthday' set for public domain after long feud
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's big 'champion' win at Filmfare 2016!
- Boyfriend goals: Ranveer Singh ecstatic with Deepika Padukone's 'xXx' rage!-- See pic
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!
- Akshay-Nimrat's 'Airlift' roars at the Box Office, mints Rs 121.74 cr!