LFW: Rajat Tangri showcases geographic shape-inspired collection
Mumbai: Inspired by the geographic shapes of the Earth, designer Rajat K Tangri showcased his collection Sunday at the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Summer-Resort 2013.
"My collection was called Geo. I was inspired by the geographic shapes and have tried to develop that in the embroidery on my clothes. You will see a lot of layering... the line has fluidity yet is structured," he told the media.
The show began with a gown in a fog colour with opaque ivory embroidery and crystal work. The collection has structured fitted dresses and jump suits for women and smart formal suits for men in colours like fog, sage, coral, midnight blue and copper. The clothes were made in Italian blended cotton fabrics, silks and stretch satin, and adorned with mother of pearl, opal stone and copper embellishments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar to compete with Kapil Sharma by teaming up for new show?
- Kapil Sharma’s rumoured former girlfriend deactivates Twitter account?
- Fawad Khan all set to make a comeback!
- Anupam Kher's latest gift to mother leaves her teary-eyed!
- 'Padmavati' controversy: Sanjay Leela Bhansali keeping in mind public sentiments, says Shahid Kapoor
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH