LFW: Rajat Tangri showcases geographic shape-inspired collection
Mumbai: Inspired by the geographic shapes of the Earth, designer Rajat K Tangri showcased his collection Sunday at the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Summer-Resort 2013.
"My collection was called Geo. I was inspired by the geographic shapes and have tried to develop that in the embroidery on my clothes. You will see a lot of layering... the line has fluidity yet is structured," he told the media.
The show began with a gown in a fog colour with opaque ivory embroidery and crystal work. The collection has structured fitted dresses and jump suits for women and smart formal suits for men in colours like fog, sage, coral, midnight blue and copper. The clothes were made in Italian blended cotton fabrics, silks and stretch satin, and adorned with mother of pearl, opal stone and copper embellishments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra shares throwback pic of her nani on her 94th birthday! – View pic
- Nandita Das bats for rating system in certifying films
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how