LFW: Rajat Tangri showcases geographic shape-inspired collection
Mumbai: Inspired by the geographic shapes of the Earth, designer Rajat K Tangri showcased his collection Sunday at the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Summer-Resort 2013.
"My collection was called Geo. I was inspired by the geographic shapes and have tried to develop that in the embroidery on my clothes. You will see a lot of layering... the line has fluidity yet is structured," he told the media.
The show began with a gown in a fog colour with opaque ivory embroidery and crystal work. The collection has structured fitted dresses and jump suits for women and smart formal suits for men in colours like fog, sage, coral, midnight blue and copper. The clothes were made in Italian blended cotton fabrics, silks and stretch satin, and adorned with mother of pearl, opal stone and copper embellishments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Sidharth teaches IIT students 'Kaala chashma'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- Women have cheating nightmares while men fantasize about flying: Study
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly