LFW: Rajat Tangri showcases geographic shape-inspired collection
Mumbai: Inspired by the geographic shapes of the Earth, designer Rajat K Tangri showcased his collection Sunday at the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Summer-Resort 2013.
"My collection was called Geo. I was inspired by the geographic shapes and have tried to develop that in the embroidery on my clothes. You will see a lot of layering... the line has fluidity yet is structured," he told the media.
The show began with a gown in a fog colour with opaque ivory embroidery and crystal work. The collection has structured fitted dresses and jump suits for women and smart formal suits for men in colours like fog, sage, coral, midnight blue and copper. The clothes were made in Italian blended cotton fabrics, silks and stretch satin, and adorned with mother of pearl, opal stone and copper embellishments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Puberty can change the way how humans recognise faces
- Anushka Sharma does an impromptu gig in Libson
- Harshvardhan has daddy Anil Kapoor helping him with Mirzya promotions
- Sushant Singh Rajput's 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' becomes second highest opener of 2016!
- Raj Thackeray slams Salman Khan for supporting Pakistani artistes, says will ban his movies too
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn