Lily Cole makes rubber fashionable, stylish
London: Actress-model Lily Cole has used rubber to create her debut limited-edition jewellery line as she wants to show people that rubber can be fashionable and stylish.
The 25-year-old has created a new range of jewellery using Amazonian wild rubber in association with Sky Rainforest Rescue. Sky and World Wildlife Fund (WWF) work together to save one billion trees.
"I was inspired by Vivienne Westwood, Marc Jacobs and Jean Paul Gaultier, they used rubber in such a sexy way. I wanted to acknowledge how special a material it is," contactmusic.com quoted Cole as saying.
"My favourite is the necklace inspired by an African pendant of mine. It has a tiny prayer insider it. You can never reach the prayer, but it`s in there with you," she said.
"Rubber is sexy - perhaps I need to design a rubber pendant next. They always make me feel like Catwoman," she added.
The British star is confident her limited-edition range of eco-friendly pieces, available exclusively on Stylistpick.com.
"The real change comes from all of us in what we choose to buy. By paying slightly more to buy rubber products, we`re voting to keep the rainforest standing. I`m trying to do what I can because I think the industry is hugely superficial," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic