Lily Cole makes rubber fashionable, stylish
London: Actress-model Lily Cole has used rubber to create her debut limited-edition jewellery line as she wants to show people that rubber can be fashionable and stylish.
The 25-year-old has created a new range of jewellery using Amazonian wild rubber in association with Sky Rainforest Rescue. Sky and World Wildlife Fund (WWF) work together to save one billion trees.
"I was inspired by Vivienne Westwood, Marc Jacobs and Jean Paul Gaultier, they used rubber in such a sexy way. I wanted to acknowledge how special a material it is," contactmusic.com quoted Cole as saying.
"My favourite is the necklace inspired by an African pendant of mine. It has a tiny prayer insider it. You can never reach the prayer, but it`s in there with you," she said.
"Rubber is sexy - perhaps I need to design a rubber pendant next. They always make me feel like Catwoman," she added.
The British star is confident her limited-edition range of eco-friendly pieces, available exclusively on Stylistpick.com.
"The real change comes from all of us in what we choose to buy. By paying slightly more to buy rubber products, we`re voting to keep the rainforest standing. I`m trying to do what I can because I think the industry is hugely superficial," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 698: Tanu's friend exposes her real face in front of Abhi
- Shah Rukh Khan teaches Alia Bhatt how to live 'Dear Zindagi' on Facebook live chat!
- Why the Indian film fraternity obsessed with the Oscars, asks Manoj Kumar
- 'Daughters of Mother India' wins big at the CAM International Film Festival
- Tiger Shroff wishes 'Happy Diwali' in unique 'HappyFeet' dancing style!
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu gears up for the festival of lights– Here’s how
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season