Lipstick: Biggest beauty trend in 2013
New York: A lot of women bought lip products in 2013 and that led to double-digit sales gains for the segment, say experts.
In fact, lip-product sales were on par with sales for nail products, reports Women`s Wear Daily and and the beauty industry gave a lot of attention to nail polish this year.
Huffingtonpost.com reports that the statistics from global market research company The NPD Group Inc reveals that in 2012, nail polish sales hit $768 million, up 32 percent from the year before. That made nails, the fastest-growing segment within the beauty industry, prompting brands to turn their focus to customers` hands in 2013.
But in the past 12 months, lipstick turned out to be the big winner.
"Lip really is the new nail," said Laura Weinstein, vice president marketing of Sally Hansen and NYC New York Color.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Life lessons: 7 reasons why you should never give up!
- Sanjay Dutt to star in 'Bhoomi'! FIRST LOOK out
- Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor thank Gauri Khan for turning Ranbir's house into home!
- Raees look: Not one but three different styles for Shah Rukh Khan
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Anushka Sharma looks dazzling on latest GQ cover!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!