Lot of pressure to look good in showbiz: Roshni Chopra
Mumbai: Television actress Roshni Chopra, who lost 18 kg since the birth of her first child in November last year, says nowadays it`s very important to be "skinny" or "size zero" for survival in showbiz.
Seen in popular TV show ‘Kasamh Se’, Roshni also hosted shows like `India`s Got Talent` and `Comedy Circus Teen Ka Tadka`.
"There is a lot of pressure to look good in the industry. When we look at 1960s, 1970, and 1990s, actresses were not expected to be skinny. But now you are expected to be size zero. You have to be fit," Roshni, who is married to Siddharth Anand Kumar, said.
During her pregnancy she put on weight, but says she was doing yoga till the last day. "What helps is that if the body is used to a certain level of exercise, it loses weight faster. I was eating healthy as well," she added.
She was anchoring ‘Comedy Circus’ before she went on a maternity break. Now she is back and seen on comedy show ‘Nautanki’.
She finds motherhood "amazing" and added: "I am on top of the world. Having a child is one of the most amazing experiences of life. I am one of the few who can manage work while having a child."
However, Roshni agrees after having a baby one has to adjust one`s schedule according to the child`s.
"Earlier, I used to travel almost 15 days in a month for shows. I think now I will be looking at Mumbai based projects. I will not change the work, but the intensity with which I was working will mellow down," she said.
Does she feel the pressure now that responsibilities have increased?
"The day I came back, it was like I never left. I have a lot of family support. I know my baby is being taken care of. I am also not working 24X7 and I am taking it easy. I don`t feel pressure. I am able to enjoy everything," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rap mogul 'Suge' Knight refuses to attend L.A. court hearing
- Remo D’Souza is now on Twitter!
- Jacqueline Fernandez in love with Salman Khan’s eyes
- Salman Khan to tweet in Hindi, Urdu
- Check out: Shah Rukh Khan, AbRam’s selfie
- 'The Spectacular Jihad...' inspired by 9/11 attacks
- Jackie Chan opens acting school in China
- I’ve fallen in love with acting, says Lauren Gottlieb
- Pulkit Samrat 'can't wait' to watch 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- History lessons for 'Gour Hari Dastaan' cast
- Shakti Kapoor to play crazy professor in upcoming film
- Chrissy Teigen wants to adopt children
- Jason Statham likes to 'get drunk'
- Nicole Scherzinger adjusting to singledom
- Kanye West almost killed while hiking
- No point in fighting ageing, says George Clooney
- Khloe Kardashian draws criticism for wearing niqab
- I was wrong to start fight with Tyson Beckford: Chris Brown
- Lindsay Lohan may complete community service on time
- Jennifer Lopez debuts short hair
- Taylor Swift says being a pop star is not that hard
- Keira Knightley welcomes 1st child with hubby James Righton
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark