Lucy Liu was a tomboy
Los Angeles: Actress Lucy Liu says she grew up as a tomboy, and so she is easily charmed by men who praise her good looks.
She says she was never considered beautiful while she was growing up.
The ‘Charlie`s Angels’ star was raised in Queens, New York and she was often mocked at by her classmates for her skinny figure and cropped haircut, reports dailystar.co.uk.
"I grew up as a tomboy, and if you`ve seen photographs of me as a child, you see my mother cut all of my hair off. I had no hair... I was not considered feminine at all, and boys did not look at me. I was a toothpick," Liu told Michigan Avenue magazine.
Now, because Liu, who has previously dated actor Will McCormack and screenwriter Zach Helms, spent so much time believing she wasn`t pretty during her youth, she unknowingly falls for men who sing her praises.
"I find that if somebody finds me beautiful, it melts my heart because it`s not something I heard most of the time growing up ever. I can easily be enticed into some terrible relationship because I`m like, `Oh, my God, you think I`m beautiful?` You know what I mean? And my friends are like, `Why did you date that a**hole for so long?` `I`m like, `Oh, God.`" she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI opposes TV actor Anuj Saxena's bail plea in graft case
- Mahashivaratri: TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires them
- Jackie movie review: Natalie Portman imitates Jacqueline Kennedy effectively
- CONFIRMED! Deepika Padukone NOT attending the Oscars 2017
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Kerala CM pats police for nabbing prime accused Pulsar Suni
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Go ethnic to look resplendent
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired
- Men too can incorporate pink in their wardrobe!
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance
- Jeetendra, Arbaaz to walk ramp for charity show