Make a style statement with short hair, bright lips
New Delhi: The next time you visit a salon, ask your stylist to cut your hair short. Stylist Yatan Ahluwalia says this season "short" is fashionable for men as well as women, who can enhance their looks by wearing bright lip shades.
“For men, short sporty styles are in trend like military inspired styles crew cuts and spikes. While women should go for shoulder length hair, either straight or with sharp layers,” Yatan Ahluwalia, Grooming and Image consultant, of the duo Yatan and Jojo, said.
“Make sure hair should be washed properly and they are manageable,” added the sylist who is also director of Y&E Style Media Pvt Ltd.
What about hair care during summer?
Doling out tips, Ahluwalia said this season, one should use oil free products. "Opt for water based styling products. We prefer L`Oreal - both for their quality and end result.”
Ahluwalia felt women should go for minimal makeup.
“Less is more this summer. Use lots of mascara, a bright matt mouth for the day and a colour-coated gloss for the night. Don`t go for heavy make-up, it makes skin look oily,” he said.
According to the stylist, lip shades with bright and bold colours like coral, peach and pink are perfect.
“A lot of emphasis on nails should be given too. One should use bright eye catching colours for both hands and feet.”
Do not blindly follow fashion.
“When we talk about grooming, it completely depends on what suits the persons face, body and lifestyle. At the end of the day, grooming is about an individual and not just blindly following trends. Our consultation is based on what the person is comfortable with, where they want to be and the kind of image they want to project,” said Yatan adding: “We treat our corporate clients very differently from individuals. It varies from client to client and from person to person.”
The grooming expert, who started writing on fashion at the age of 14, is working on three books with subjects like men`s grooming, men`s fashion and women`s make up.
Commenting on it, he said: “It`s a work in progress, hopefully by the end of the year.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Have you seen Deepika Padukone's cute video DP yet? Watch now
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' trailer leaves fans spellbound; earns 3 mn views in one day!
- Film on 1983 World Cup win to give insights from dressing room
- These power-packed dialogues are the soul of Salman Khan's 'Sultan' trailer!
- Kuch toh gadbad hai! CID taking a short break?
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how
- Wow! What a combination - Sonam Kapoor gives desi twist to her look for amfAR Gala
- Behind the scenes- Sexy Femina cover girl Radhika Apte unplugged – Watch video