Manav Gangwani designs for royal wedding
New Delhi: Indian designer Manav Gangwani designed the wedding attires of supermodel Kendra Spears and Prince Rahim Aga Khan, son of the Aga Khan, who is the Imam of over 15 million Shia Ismaili Muslims spread around the world.
The couple got married in a private ceremony in Geneva, Switzerland Aug 31.
For the grand occasion, Spears wore a pre-draped sari paired with traditional blouse with intricate jamewar hand embroidery. For the groom, Gangwani designed a classic sherwani made in pure silk brocade teamed with an off-white shirt and trouser, said a statement issued on behalf of the designer.
Both the ensembles were in ivory.
The couple was introduced to the designer by international supermodel Naomi Campbell, Spears` catwalk colleague. Spears even took to Twitter to thank Campbell for getting her in touch with Gangwani.
"Thank you Manav for the beyond-gorgeous sari! And thank you Naomi Campbell for the introduction," she had tweeted.
Gangwani is among the country`s known couturiers and a host of faces from Bollywood - Shilpa Shetty, Arjun Rampal, Sophie Chowdhry and Zayed Khan - have endorsed his creations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn