Manish Arora gets standing ovation for bold, blingy collection at ICW
New Delhi: Sticking to his flamboyant style, designer Manish Arora wowed the audience with his flashy and radiant collection here at the India Couture Week.
Termed `Indian`, Arora`s line comprised sparkling, glittery ensembles with long and huge headgears, some of them even covering the face of the models, which drew standing ovation.
"Every headgear has been planned and it was added to make the collection bolder. I don`t like to make just clothes, I like to create my own world," the designer said.
Manish said his all-bling line was about celebrating life and happiness and he wanted to show powerful women, who walk with their head up.
The silhouette included lehangas and gowns and bell-bottoms. Manish also experimented with a lot of Indian designs and patterns. Gold was another highlight of his collection, as the designer used it in every outfit and also in jewellery.
His models sported bindis in different patterns and colours on their faces, which the designer said, added character to his line.
"I have kept the makeup minimal but on their faces we have made designs with bindis. We have taken everything Indian and adapted it to make it more modern," Manish said. The ace designer said his collection would suit a strong, confident and daring woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance
- Jeetendra, Arbaaz to walk ramp for charity show
- Deepika Padukone in a Ralph Lauren number at New York Fashion Week will leave you mesmerised!
- Ashley Graham becomes first plus-size model to walk for Michael Kors
- Deepika Padukone sits pretty in the front row at New York Fashion Week for Michael Kors!