Manish Malhotra exhibits festive, pre-bridal collection at LFW
Mumbai: Designer Manish Malhotra presented a vibrant festive and pre-bridal collection here on the eve of the Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2013 season.
Showcased last night, the collection, called `Reflections` displayed a gorgeous synergy of Indian traditions, cultures, rituals and colour spectrum for the fusion line.
The hues of Rajasthan and Kutch came alive on the ramp as models swirled around wearing creations in rainbow tones of deep green, dark beige, tan, burgundy, pink, red, navy and mustard with mirror work.
Manish showcased the stylish `ghagra-pant` a fusion of the Sharara and classic pant - which is touted to give some alternatives to the traditional `lehengas`.
Another interesting innovation was the Koti (bolero) top reinvented from the Rajasthan Koti, which can be teamed with saris or ghagras.
The men`s wear exuded elegance with kurtas teamed with wide salwars, dhotis or dhoti pants, sherwanis with narrow trousers, while bundies in varied colour contrasts over kurtas were masculine in style and finish.
Celebrities like Karan Johar, Lara Dutta, Karisma Kapoor, Ayushmann Khurrana and others attended the show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn