Mapxencar sisters set to spread wings post Mumbai LFW success
Panaji: Basking in the glory of Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai, designer sisters Siddhi and Riddhi Mapxencar now have their eyes on taking their Indo-Western line to the next level.
"Lakme Fashion Week has always been the most important event of the year for all the designers. This was a very special season to us since we launched our Indo-Western line this time. This is something we have wanted to do for a while", said Siddhi Mapxencar, one of the Mapxencar sisters, while addressing the media here today.
Fresh from the LFW, held between March 22-27, the designer duo, who had former Miss World runner-up and South actress Parvathy Omankuttan as the showstopper, said they were enthusiastic to take their creation further.
The Mumbai LFW was the second appearance of the Mumbai-based designer sisters, the first being in year 2010 when they showcased their talent in Genext category for budding talent.
"The collection is for modern independent woman who likes to wear traditional Indian silhouettes with a twist and edgy manipulations. We decided to stay away from the conventional embroidery and instead focused on our signature textures and fabric manipulations in the Indian garments", Siddhi explained.
Her sister Riddhi stated that Lakme Fashion Week was a sizzling interface through which they could come across Bollywood celebrities.
"When we first participated in Genext (category), we got amazing response from buyers and also from media. Celebrities like Sonam Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Vidya Balan, Parvathy Omanakuttan came to know about us through Lakme," she said, adding that during the LFW they experimented with Indian silhouettes with modern cuts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Huge crowd erupts at Vadodara to see Shah Rukh Khan; 1 reported dead in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- Mahira Khan looks stunning in THIS white outfit!
- Sonakshi Sinha talks about her fashion preferences, says she has individualistic style
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Make heads turn by trying these hairstyle trends!
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra