Marc Jacobs `provocative` ad banned
London: American fashion designer Marc Jacobs latest fragrance ad featuring 17-year-old actress Dakota Fanning has been banned as it tended to "sexualise a child".
The British Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has slammed the "sexually provocative" commercial, which features Fanning sitting on the floor wearing a pale-coloured thigh-length dress with an Oh Lola perfume bottle between her thighs, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"We noted that the model was holding up the perfume bottle which rested in her lap between her legs and we considered that its position was sexually provocative. We understood the model was 17 years old but we considered she looked under the age of 16," ASA said in a statement.
"We considered that the length of her dress, her leg and position of the perfume bottle drew attention to her sexuality. Because of that, along with her appearance, we considered the ad could be seen to sexualise a child," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Modern Family' to feature transgender child actor
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- Think calmly, speak calmly: Juhi Chawla advises people who 'have gone out of senses'
- Herschell Gordon Lewis dies at 87
- Naomi Watts, Liev Schreiber split up after 11 years
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn