Marc Jacobs `provocative` ad banned
London: American fashion designer Marc Jacobs latest fragrance ad featuring 17-year-old actress Dakota Fanning has been banned as it tended to "sexualise a child".
The British Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has slammed the "sexually provocative" commercial, which features Fanning sitting on the floor wearing a pale-coloured thigh-length dress with an Oh Lola perfume bottle between her thighs, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"We noted that the model was holding up the perfume bottle which rested in her lap between her legs and we considered that its position was sexually provocative. We understood the model was 17 years old but we considered she looked under the age of 16," ASA said in a statement.
"We considered that the length of her dress, her leg and position of the perfume bottle drew attention to her sexuality. Because of that, along with her appearance, we considered the ad could be seen to sexualise a child," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Look what Ssharad Malhotra has to say about ex-girlfriend Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s marriage
- TV actor Karan Kundra slams fan for insulting girlfriend Anusha Dandekar! – Details inside
- Check out this brand new still from the sets of 'Sultan'! See pic
- Guys, check out Rishi Kapoor's hilarious take on Zara's ripped collection!
- Priyanka Chopra reacts to Salman Khan's 'raped woman' remark; urges people to focus on real issues
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- Mother of 21 year-old twin sons - Urvashi Dholakia - defies age and how! See pics
- Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring this monsoon – See sizzling hot pics
- ‘Hottest woman in the world’ Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring on Maxim India Cover – See pic