Marc Jacobs `provocative` ad banned
London: American fashion designer Marc Jacobs latest fragrance ad featuring 17-year-old actress Dakota Fanning has been banned as it tended to "sexualise a child".
The British Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has slammed the "sexually provocative" commercial, which features Fanning sitting on the floor wearing a pale-coloured thigh-length dress with an Oh Lola perfume bottle between her thighs, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"We noted that the model was holding up the perfume bottle which rested in her lap between her legs and we considered that its position was sexually provocative. We understood the model was 17 years old but we considered she looked under the age of 16," ASA said in a statement.
"We considered that the length of her dress, her leg and position of the perfume bottle drew attention to her sexuality. Because of that, along with her appearance, we considered the ad could be seen to sexualise a child," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly