Marilyn Monroe`s white halterneck voted best movie frock
London: Screen siren Marilyn Monroe`s white halterneck dress which floated up over a subway grate in `The Seven Year Itch` has been voted the most iconic screen outfit of all time.
The blonde bombshell`s billowing frock from the 1955 film has been named the favourite in a survey conducted by the British Heart Foundation, reported Daily Express.
The romantic comedy starred Tom Ewell as a publishing executive who is infatuated with Marilyn`s character `The Girl` and watches as her dress flutters as a train passes below ground.
In second place was Dorothy`s gingham dress and ruby slippers, worn by Judy Garland in 1939 classic `The Wizard Of Oz`.
Olivia Newton-John`s tight black leather trousers and red mules, which she wore for the fairground scenes at the end of `Grease`, made in 1979, came in at number three.
Original Bond girl Ursula Andress`s white bikini from `Dr No` and Audrey Hepburn`s stylish black dress and pearls in `Breakfast At Tiffany`s` also made it into the top five.
`Baywatch`s red swimming costume, Michael Jackson`s red leather `Thriller` suit and animated Jessica Rabbit`s plunging red evening gown in `Who Framed Roger Rabbit`? were in the top 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Johnny Depp's lawyer responds to Amber Heard's abuse allegations
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how