Marion Cotillard does a Jennifer Lawrence at BAFTA red carpet
London: Actress Marion Cotillard turned many heads at the BAFTA red carpet with her striking yellow Christian Dior gown that left her legs exposed through its see-through panel.
The actress, a Dior devotee, was oblivious to the skin show as she dashed inside to avoid rain spoiling her dress at the glittering award function held at the Royal Opera House here.
It was certainly not a wardrobe malfunction as Cotillard picked up the gown after Lawrence suffered a similar exposure at SAG awards when her tiered dress appeared to rip and reveal the top of her legs.
The French actress, who was in the audience at that time, had looked shocked for Lawrence at that time.
Cotillard looked striking in her brightly coloured dress that she teamed up with a silver Chopard necklace.
Other than Cotillard, Lawrence`s fairytale Dior gown and Jessica Chastain`s blue Roland Mouret gown, the BAFTA red carpet continued the monochrome theme that has been a hit this award season with most of the Hollywood beauties sticking to black gowns in the cold and rain London.
Helen Mirren, 67, too opted for an unusual colour with her silver satin coat but it was her pink hair do that turned heads.
Best Supporting actress winner Anne Hathaway looked beautiful in a black Burberry dress that was embellished with gold stud detailing.
Amy Adams black gown was the epitome of gothic glamour, with the bodice and sleeves consisting of delicate lace, plunging to the waist, which she teamed with Faberge jewellery.
Sarah Jessica Parker went against the frock look by opting for a black Elie Saab jumpsuit but it was not one of the best looks at the red carpet.
Another `Les Miserables` star Samantha Barks chose to wear a black gown so did Emilia Fox and Rising Star nominee Alicia Vikander.
Elizabeth Olsen also opted to go for a black floorlength gown with white spots sewn on, a look which was also sported by Jennifer Garner. She wore a Roland Mouret frock.
Helena Bonham Carter, Thandie Newton, Sally Field and Judi Dench went black for the glitzy bash at London`s Royal Albert Hall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly