Marion Cotillard does a Jennifer Lawrence at BAFTA red carpet
London: Actress Marion Cotillard turned many heads at the BAFTA red carpet with her striking yellow Christian Dior gown that left her legs exposed through its see-through panel.
The actress, a Dior devotee, was oblivious to the skin show as she dashed inside to avoid rain spoiling her dress at the glittering award function held at the Royal Opera House here.
It was certainly not a wardrobe malfunction as Cotillard picked up the gown after Lawrence suffered a similar exposure at SAG awards when her tiered dress appeared to rip and reveal the top of her legs.
The French actress, who was in the audience at that time, had looked shocked for Lawrence at that time.
Cotillard looked striking in her brightly coloured dress that she teamed up with a silver Chopard necklace.
Other than Cotillard, Lawrence`s fairytale Dior gown and Jessica Chastain`s blue Roland Mouret gown, the BAFTA red carpet continued the monochrome theme that has been a hit this award season with most of the Hollywood beauties sticking to black gowns in the cold and rain London.
Helen Mirren, 67, too opted for an unusual colour with her silver satin coat but it was her pink hair do that turned heads.
Best Supporting actress winner Anne Hathaway looked beautiful in a black Burberry dress that was embellished with gold stud detailing.
Amy Adams black gown was the epitome of gothic glamour, with the bodice and sleeves consisting of delicate lace, plunging to the waist, which she teamed with Faberge jewellery.
Sarah Jessica Parker went against the frock look by opting for a black Elie Saab jumpsuit but it was not one of the best looks at the red carpet.
Another `Les Miserables` star Samantha Barks chose to wear a black gown so did Emilia Fox and Rising Star nominee Alicia Vikander.
Elizabeth Olsen also opted to go for a black floorlength gown with white spots sewn on, a look which was also sported by Jennifer Garner. She wore a Roland Mouret frock.
Helena Bonham Carter, Thandie Newton, Sally Field and Judi Dench went black for the glitzy bash at London`s Royal Albert Hall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra or Deepika Padukone – who will romance a Chinese star after Salman Khan?
- Pakistan’s Fawad Khan, Mahira Khan in Bollywood: Ban will never be lifted?
- Shahid Kapoor breaks his silence on ‘tiff’ with Ranveer Singh over Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’
- Akshay Kumar’s beautiful 'sandesh for soldiers' will make you smile
- Bill Murray receives Mark Twain prize
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!