Masaba Gupta`s debut Satya Paul line to open WIFW
New Delhi: Young designer Masaba Gupta`s debut collection for fashion brand Satya Paul will open the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) autumn-winter 2013 starting March 2013.
The five-day event will be held at Pragati Maidan.
"Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) is proud to announce that the upcoming WIFW 2013 will begin with a fashion show by Masaba Gupta for Satya Paul. Her first collection for the 27-year old label will be the opening show of the five-day fashion event," FDCI president Sunil Sethi said in a statement.
Satya Paul appointed 24-year-old Gupta, daughter of actress Neena Gupta, as fashion director late last year. She says she is "honoured" to open the fashion week in her "new home city".
"It is a coveted spot, and I am committed to creating a collection that does this slot, as well as the house of Satya Paul, proud. I am excited, and deeply thankful to Mr.Sethi and to Satya Paul, for this opportunity," said Gupta, who is popular for incorporating quirky prints in her collections.
Before her, designer Puneet Nanda was spearheading the label.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic