Masaba Gupta`s debut Satya Paul line to open WIFW
New Delhi: Young designer Masaba Gupta`s debut collection for fashion brand Satya Paul will open the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) autumn-winter 2013 starting March 2013.
The five-day event will be held at Pragati Maidan.
"Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) is proud to announce that the upcoming WIFW 2013 will begin with a fashion show by Masaba Gupta for Satya Paul. Her first collection for the 27-year old label will be the opening show of the five-day fashion event," FDCI president Sunil Sethi said in a statement.
Satya Paul appointed 24-year-old Gupta, daughter of actress Neena Gupta, as fashion director late last year. She says she is "honoured" to open the fashion week in her "new home city".
"It is a coveted spot, and I am committed to creating a collection that does this slot, as well as the house of Satya Paul, proud. I am excited, and deeply thankful to Mr.Sethi and to Satya Paul, for this opportunity," said Gupta, who is popular for incorporating quirky prints in her collections.
Before her, designer Puneet Nanda was spearheading the label.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Filmmakers just followed law; Karan Johar is being bullied: Zoya Akhtar
- Unfair to target film involving mostly Indians, says Dia Mirza
- Antara Biswas aka Monalisa wants Salman's attention with 'Bigg Boss' stint
- I'm sure kids will be inspired by 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- No blanket ban on Pakistani artistes in view of prevailing atmosphere: MEA
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!
- ‘Befikre’ couple Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor looks smoking hot together- SEE pics
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare