Masaba Gupta unveils the young Satya Paul girl on Day 1 of WIFW
New Delhi: Designer Masaba Gupta unveiled the new, young Satya Paul girl as she debuted her collection for the brand on day one of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Autumn Winter 2013.
In India, this is the first collection designed for an established design house by a designer from outside the family that started it. Satya Paul appointed 24-year-old Masaba, daughter of actress Neena Gupta, as Fashion Director late last year.
"My collection represents the new SP (Satya Paul) girl ? she is fun, she is quirky. We are trying to reposition the brand and so now we are aiming for the young girls instead of women above the age of 30," said Masaba.
The collection was divided into four parts - the first consisted of lipstick prints, the second part was ink blot on garments, the third section had abstract designs and the last part had telephone booth imprints.
"The lipstick symbolises femininity, the abstract stands for basic way of life of a woman, the telephone booth stands for a constant wait and the ink drop for the various changes in a woman`s life," Masaba said.
Models sashayed down the runway in mini and maxi dresses, gowns, sarees teamed up with printed blouses, jackets, pallazo pant sarees, tunics, kaftans and trench dresses.
The colour palate ranged from the designer`s favourite neon, black, white, orange to a pop of pink here and there.
Masaba also said that to get the mood of the collection, she herself remixed the songs that were being played.
"I chose MIA`s songs as she is my favourite. I also remixed the music and the video that was playing in the background."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dilip Kumar turns 94: It will be quiet birthday this time, says wife Saira Banu
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui opens up about working with Shah Rukh Khan in 'Raees'
- Dilip Kumar to celebrate 94th birthday at home?
- Shilpa Shetty's son Viaan not allowed to watch TV on weekdays!
- Nagarjuna's son Akhil Akkineni engaged to girlfriend Shriya Bhupal!
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals her wardrobe essentials
- Raees look: Not one but three different styles for Shah Rukh Khan
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Anushka Sharma looks dazzling on latest GQ cover!