Masaba walks the ramp for Wendell Rodricks
New Delhi: Masaba Gupta walked the ramp as show stopper for fellow designer and mentor Wendell Rodricks who brought the curtains down of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Spring-Summer 2014 on its fourth and final day tonight with his African-inspired clothing.
Masaba`s entry in a black-red flowy dress was a clear surprise for the audience, who cheered and clapped as she sashayed down the ramp for the first time as a showstopper.
"I was very nervous but the models backstage cheered me up and asked me to just have fun. This was the first time I walked the ramp as a showstopper and I wouldn`t have done it for anyone else than Wendell sir. I had a lot of fun," Masaba told reporters.
Wendell was Masaba`s teacher at the fashion school she studied in and the designer said he was honoured to have his student walk the ramp for him.
"I am so proud of Masaba and am honoured to have her as the show stopper. She was my student at the fashion school and I remember how everyone hated her at the school because of her wacky designs and colours. But I always knew she would make it big," he said.
Another highlight of the show was the aerial acrobatics performed by a group of performers especially flown in from Tanzania, which left the audience gasping for more.
The collection consisted of hot pant suit, trousers, dresses and tunics in shades of white, black, yellow and red.
Wendell`s clothing also saw men`s wear like trousers, shirts, kurta-pajamas and jackets. The fabrics used was cotton, linen, satin, silk and crepe.
Pic Courtesy: Twitter
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Check out: Sexiest FHM covers featuring Bollywood hotties
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan launches L'Oreal's Cannes 2016 collection
- Was surprised to see Kate Middleton wearing my creation: Anita Dongre
- Manish Malhotra opens LFW with elements of glamour, opulence
- Holi 2016: Lingerie tips for fun-filled celebrations