Matthew McConaughey cuts hair only on full moon days
London: `Magic Mike` star Matthew McConaughey only cuts his hair when it`s a full moon - in order to preserve his luscious locks.
The 43-year-old actor said that he follows the lunar calendar to determine when it`s the best time to get a trim, reported Elle magazine.
"If you want your hair to be thicker, cut it when the moon is about to be full - a heavy, full, waxing moon. Do not cut it when the moon`s waning.
"Why do you think that (farmers) plant at certain times of the year? It`s not hippie-dippie stuff. Look, how do they know when you reap, when you sow, when you plant?" he said.
McConaughey started losing his hair in the late 1990s and began rubbing natural growth formula Regenix on his scalp to stave off baldness.
McConaughey said that he still uses the product to this day and he swears by its ability to keep his mane in tip-top shape.
"Back in 1999, my hair was falling out, so I started (using) this stuff. And if I didn`t bring my hair back so well that people thought that I went and got plugs... I believe that I`m proving the product," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn