Miss Philippines is Miss World 2013
Bali: Megan Young from Philippines was crowned Miss World 2013 here Saturday. The second place went to Miss France Marine Lorphelin and third to Miss Ghana Carranzar Naa Okailey Shooter.
The 23-year-old defeated 126 contestants including Miss India Navneet Kaur Dhillon, who could only make her way to top 20, to clinch the crown.
The 63rd edition of the beauty pageant was judged by prominent faces like British television executive producer and director Ken Warwick and chairman of Miss World organisation Julia Morley. Vineet Jain, managing director of India`s media group Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd., was also part of the panel.
Born in the US, Young moved to Philippines when she was 10. She is currently studying digital film making and has starred in films and TV shows.
Young said that her mother is a big influence in her life. She wants to show the world that people of Philippines are hard working and no matter what crisis they go through they are willing to help people.
She was crowned by Miss World 2012 Wenxia Yu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for