Miss Universe 2012 is Miss USA
Las Vegas: Olivia Culpo, Miss USA was crowned Miss Universe 2012. Miss Philippines held the second spot, followed by Miss Venezuela, Miss Australia and Miss Brazil.
India’s hope of winning the Miss Universe 2012 crown crashed as Shilpa Singh failed to make it to the list of top 10 contestants.
Presenters Andy Cohen and Giuliana Rancis along with Jeannie Mai took the world through the beautiful evening- an event that was being viewed by over one billion audiences across 180 countries!
Timomatic made the live audiences go crazy by singing the foot-tapping number ‘Set It Off’ as the Top 5 finalists walked in sync to celebrate their entry into the final list.
A while before the announcement of 5 finalists, the Top 10 hotties flaunted their toned frames in the evening gown round as Train rocked the stage with an incredible performance.
Ji Dan Xu, Miss China won the Best National Costume title while Laura Godoy from Guatemala grabbed the Miss Congeniality title. Diana Avdiu from Kosovo became Miss Photogenic of the year 2012.
The huge responsibility of giving the world its next Miss Universe was at the hands of Diego Boneta, Kerri Walsh, Scott Disick, Nigel Barker, Brad Goreski, Cluadia Jordan, Pablo Sandoval, Lisa Venderpupm & Jiggy, Chef Masaharu Morimoto and Ximena Navarette.
89 drop-dead gorgeous women had lined to own the crown that is currently adorned by Angola’s Leila Lopes.
India’s entry was the smart and ravishing Shilpa Singh from Bihar who, along with her ‘I Am She – Miss Globe International 2012’ title, also has a B. Tech. in Computer Science to her credit. The ravishing beauty is currently an Infosys Technologies’ employee.
But Singh wasn’t India’s original entry as Uttarakhand’s Urvashi Rautela, the original winner of the ‘I Am She’ title, had to withdraw because she was found to have been 25 days below the minimum age limit of 18 years.
Indian beauty Shilpa Singh could not make it to the Top 10, though she succeeded in making it to the top 16 list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'
- Jeetendra, Arbaaz to walk ramp for charity show
- Deepika Padukone in a Ralph Lauren number at New York Fashion Week will leave you mesmerised!
- Ashley Graham becomes first plus-size model to walk for Michael Kors
- Deepika Padukone sits pretty in the front row at New York Fashion Week for Michael Kors!
- French Vogue to feature transgender model Valentina Sampaio for the first time